Privacy Note of MRC
Thank you for your interest in our company. The protection of your privacy in the processing of personal data and the security of all business data is a very important concern to us that we take into account in our business processes. We would like to inform you about this in detail in this data protection declaration.
RESPONSIBLE AS PER ART. 4 PARA. 7 OF THE GDPR
MRC Managing Research for Companies GmbH
Phone: +49 61 73 / 78 204 – 0
Fax: +49 61 73 / 78 204 – 99
RESPONSIBLE DATA PROTECTION SUPERVISOR
Dr. Ralf W. Schadowski
Phone: +49 241 44688-0
§ 1 LEGAL BASIS FOR THE PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
(1) Insofar as we obtain the consent of the data subject for processing personal data, Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a, the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) serves as legal basis.
(2) In the processing of personal data required for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is a party, Art. 6 para. 1 lit. b, GDPR serves as legal basis. This also applies to processing operations required to carry out pre-contractual measures.
(3) Insofar as the processing of personal data is necessary to fulfil a legal obligation to which our company is subject, Art. 6 para. 1 lit. c of the GDPR serves as the legal basis.
(4) In the event that vital interests of the data subject or another natural person require the processing of personal data, Art. 6 para. 1 lit. d, the GDPR serves as legal basis.
(5) If processing is necessary to safeguard a legitimate interest of our company or a third party and if the interests, fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject do not outweigh the former interest, Art. 6 para. 1 letter f GDPR serves as the legal basis for processing.
§ 2 DATA REMOVAL & STORAGE DURATION
(1) The personal data of the data subject will be deleted or blocked as soon as the purpose of storage ceases to apply.
(2) In addition, such storage may be provided for by the European or national legislator in EU regulations, laws or other regulations to which the controller is subject.
(3) The data shall also be blocked or deleted if a storage period prescribed by the aforementioned standards expires, unless there is a need for further storage of the data for the conclusion or performance of a contract.
§ 3 INFORMATION ON THE COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
(1) Below we provide information about the collection of personal data when using our website. Personal data is all data that is personally relatable to you, e.g. name, address, e-mail addresses and user behavior.
(2) When you contact us by e-mail or via a contact form, the data you provide (your e-mail address, if applicable your name and your telephone number) will be stored by us in order to answer your questions. We delete the data arising in this context after the storage is no longer necessary, or limit the processing if statutory retention obligations exist.
(3) If we rely on commissioned service providers for individual functions of our offer or woul d like to use your
data for advertising purposes, we will inform you in detail below about the respective transactions. In doing so,
we also name the specified criteria for the storage duration.
Collection of personal data when visiting our website
In the case of merely informative use of the website, i.e. if you do not register or otherwise provide us with information, we only collect the personal data that your browser transmits to our server. If you wish to view our website, we collect the following data, which is technically necessary for us to display our website and to
ensure stability and security (legal basis for this is Art. 6 para. 1 page 1 lit. GDPR):
• IP address
• Host name
• Date and time of the request
• Time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
• Content of the request (concrete page)
• Access status / HTTP status code
• Each transferred amount of data
• Website that receives the request (referrer)
• The specific pages of our website called up by yourself
• Browser: type, version and set language
• Operating system: type and version
▪ Screen resolution
▪ Color depth
▪ Size of the browser window
▪ Installed browser plugins
(1) In addition to the aforementioned data, cookies are stored on your computer when you use our website. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your hard drive, assigned to the browser you are using, and that provide certain information to the position that sets the cookie. Cookies cannot run programs or transmit viruses to your computer. They serve to make the Internet offer more user -friendly and effective overall.
(2) This website uses the following types of cookies, the scope and operation of which are explained below:
• Transient cookies (see b)
• Persistent cookies (see c)
• Flash cookies (see f)
b) Transient cookies are automatically deleted when you close the browser. These include in particular the session cookies. These store a so-called session ID, with which various requests from your browser can be assigned to the common session. This will allow your computer to be recognized when you return to our website. The session cookies are deleted when you log out or close the browser.
c) Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a specified period, which may differ depending on the cookie. You can delete the cookies in the security settings of your browser at any time.
d) You can configure your browser setting according to your wishes and, e.g. decline the acceptance of thirdparty cookies or all cookies. So-called “Third Party Cookies” are cookies that have been set by a third party, and therefore not by the actual website on which you are currently located. Plea se be aware that you may not be able to use all functions of this website.
f) The Flash cookies used are not detected by your browser but by your Flash plug-in. Furthermore, we use HTML5 storage objects, which are stored on your device. These objects store the required data regardless of your browser and do not have an automatic expiration date. You can configure the setting and deletion of Flash cookies via the Adobe Flash Player Settings Manager at http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html.
Alternatively, if you do not want Flash cookies to be processed, you can i nstall an add-on, e.g. "Better Privacy" for Mozilla Firefox (https://addons.mozilla.org/en/firefox/addon/betterprivacy/) or the Adobe Flash killer cookie for Google Chrome. You can prevent the use of HTML5 storage objects by using the private mode in your browser. In addition, we recommend that you regularly delete your cookies and the browser history manually.
§ 4 OTHER FUNCTIONS AND OFFERS OF OUR WEBSITE
(1) In addition to the purely informational use of our website, we offer various services that you can use if you are interested. To do this, you will generally need to provide other personal information that we use to provide the service and for which the aforementioned data processing principles apply
(2) When you contact us as a service provider by e-mail, your e-mail address and, if you specify this, your name, your telephone number and [...] will be stored by us in order to answer your questions.
(3) In some cases, we use external service providers to process your data. These have been carefully selected and commissioned by us, are bound by our instructions and are regularly checked.
(4) Furthermore, we may pass on your personal data to third parties if we offer participation in promotions, competitions, conclusion of contracts or similar services together with partners. For more information, please provide your personal data or see the description of the offer below.
(5) If our service providers or partners are based in a country outside the European Economic Area (EEA), we will inform you of the consequences of this circumstance in the description of the offer.
§ 5 RIGHTS OF THE DATA SUBJECT
In the following we inform you about your rights according to Art. 15 GDPR. You can exercise these rights at any time and therefore contact us directly. If you demand these rights from us, we will examine them in detail, taking into account the related legal requirements and requirements. We may ask you for further information. We will explain in detail the results of our audit and our procedure for fulfilling your request. It is possible that we may not be able to fully meet your wishes in the manner you request.
This should not prevent you from claiming your rights from us or asking us about them. We will be happy to answer all your questions.
(1) Right to information
You have the right to request information from us at any time as to whether and which of your personal data is processed by us. This also includes information on the purposes of processing, if applicable on recipients to whom we have disclosed data about you, the planned storage period and, if applicable, information on the origin of this data, unless we have collected this data directly from you. In addition, you have the right to a onetime free copy of your personal data stored by us. We reserve the right to charge an appropriate administration fee for the following copies.
(2) Right to correction
You have the right to request us to correct any inaccurate information we hold about you. This also includes the right to complete incomplete personal data.
(3) Right to cancellation
You have the right to request the deletion of data that we have stored about you. If we should have published data of yours, this also includes our obligation to forward all links to this data as well as copies or replications of this data concerning to other persons responsible for the processing of this published personal data within the framework of the "right to oblivion" in accordance with Art. 17 para. 2 GDPR, taking into account available technology and the implementation costs.
(4) Right to limitation of processing
You have the right to request us to restrict the processing of data that we have stored about you. Thereafter, processing of these data is only possible with your consent or for a few, legally defined purposes.
(5) Right of opposition to processing
If we base the processing of your personal data on the weighing of interests, you may object to the processing. This is the case if processing is not necessary in particular to fulfil a contract with you, which is described by us in the following description of the functions. When exercising such objection, we ask you to explain the reasons why we should not process your personal data as we have done. In the event of your justified objection, we will examine the situation and either stop or adjust data processing or point out to you our compelling reasons worthy of protection, on the basis of which we will continue processing.
Of course, you can object to the processing of your personal data for purposes of advertising and data analysis at any time. You can inform us about your advertising contradiction using the contact channels listed above.
(6) Right to revoke consent under data protection law
If you have given your consent to the processing of your data, you can revoke this at any time. Such a revocation influences the permissibility of processing your personal data after you have given it to us.
(7) Right to data transferability
You have the right to receive information about yourself that you have provided to us from us in a structured, common and machine-readable format for the purpose of transfer to another person responsible. At your equest and taking into account the available technical possibilities, this also includes the direct transfer from us to the other person responsible.
(8) Right of appeal to a supervisory authority
You have the right to complain at any time to a data protection supervisory authority about our processing of your personal data.
(9) Automated decision making including profiling
They have the right to obtain information on the existence of automated decision making including profiling pursuant to Art. 22 para. 1 and 4 GDPR and - at least in these cases - meaningful information on the logic involved and the scope and intended effects of such processing for the data subject.
§ 6 OTHER THIRD PARTY SERVICES
1. GOOGLE WEB FONTS
(1) This site uses so-called web fonts provided by Google to uniformly display fonts. When you call up a page, your browser loads the required Web fonts into your browser cache to display texts and fonts correctly.
(2) To do this, the browser you are using must connect to Google's servers. This gives Google knowledge that our website has been accessed via your IP address. The use of Google Web Fonts is in the interest of a uniform and appealing presentation of our online offers. This represents a legitimate interest within the meaning of Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR.
(3) If your browser does not support web fonts, a default font is used by your computer.